After some feedback from my sister (i.e., the end-user) as well as some changes that I wanted to make myself, I’ve updated Ant to version 1.1.0. Remember that the purpose of the program is to help you keep track of what you’re working on. That way, if you have billable hours, you’ll know what you were working on and when without having to guess “I think I spent about two hours on the Pensky file.”
Find both the install files and the documentation on the Github site: https://github.com/anorman728/ant.
It’s currently Windows-only because I wanted to have something in my portfolio that uses C# and I wasn’t able to either get Gtk# working correctly or get Mono to compile this project.
New features include:
- Can populate Prompt Times based on an interval and subinterval lengths instead of one-at-a-time.
- Can clear the Prompt Times list with one button.
- If the output file is not readable (which will happen if you have it open in Excel), it will warn you.
- Adding times is more keyboard-friendly.
- Headers added instead of just starting the file with “Ant log file.”
- Can add multiple messages instead of just one message.
- Prompt is a little less intrusive (it pops up in the lower-right corner and remains on top, but can be ignored).
I’d also like to point out that I’m available for freelance/consulting work– If you would like a custom program, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.